Manually fly your Skydio drone remotely from anywhere with a computer and internet connection. Take control of an automated mission to get a closer look, or launch a docked drone on demand when you need immediate visibility.
Entering Remote Flight Deck
Step 1 - Select the Fleet menu (the default home screen)
Step 2 - Select your vehicle
Step 3 - Select Fly Now
Step 4 - Select Launch
Remote Flight Deck
Desired Vehicle Speed - Configure how fast the vehicle moves in all directions, including yaw and camera gimbal pitch
- Only configurable during or after launching
- Resets to default after each flight
Preview where Drone Looks
- On screen visualization of where the drone will look when arrow keys are tapped
- When adjusting Desired Vehicle Speed with hot keys ([ and ]), on-screen arrows will expand or contract to indicate how speed affects your viewpoint
- Inapplicable in Pointer Lock
Stop At Structure
- Enables precise movement at a structure
- Instead of taking evasive action when encountering an obstacle, your drone will slow down and allow for more precise maneuvering
Double-Click To Fly
- Quickly navigate to points of interest
- Double-click on screen to autonomously fly to that point of interest
- Use mouse scroll or trackpad to adjust distance while flying
- Manage Vehicle Media - delete all photos and videos on the media SD card
- Manage Vehicle Logs - delete all flight logs from your vehicle
- Return Settings - visit Skydio Remote Ops Return Behaviors for more information
- Desired Vehicle Speed - Configure how fast the vehicle moves in all directions, including yaw and camera gimbal pitch
W - pitch forward
S - pitch backward
A - roll left
D - roll right
Rotation and camera gimbal pitch
Option 1: Use arrow keys
Up arrow - look up
Down arrow - look down
Left arrow - yaw/rotate left
Right arrow - yaw/rotate right
Option 2: Use mouse/trackpad
Select Enter Pointer Lock or toggle C key
[note] Tapping any of the keys will move the drone a fixed distance in that direction.
Distance is determined by the Desired Vehicle Speed slider. [/note]
Hide/display control menu
|Select ~ to hide or display the control menu.|
Flying with a gamepad controller (BETA)
You also have the option to connect a gamepad controller to your computer via USB cable and use the controller, instead of a mouse and keyboard, to fly.
For more information, visit How to fly with a gamepad controller.
Disable Sticky Keys
On both Windows and Mac, the Sticky Keys feature can help make it easier to perform keyboard shortcuts.
However, because many shortcuts use the Shift key, and Skydio Remote Flight Deck uses the Shift key to command the drone to descend, enabling Sticky Keys can activate the Shift key and cause the drone to descend unintentionally.
You should therefore disable Sticky Keys before any flights.
Step 1 - Navigate to All settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard
Step 2 - Disable Sticky Keys
Step 1 - Navigate to System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard
Step 2 - Uncheck Enable Sticky Keys
Step 3 - Select Options and uncheck Press the Shift key five times to toggle Sticky Keys
Skydio, Inc. A0316
Was this article helpful?