The Edge Model Viewer promptly generates photosets and enables spatially indexed photo browsing in the field for real-time inspection and decision-making. Use this tool to preview scans directly in-app or on a laptop after a flight.
Access the Edge Model Viewer in the app:
Step 1 - Select REVIEW
- Wait a moment as the scan thumbnails sync in the Skydio Enterprise app
Step 2 - Select a scan to preview
- The Edge Model Viewer will automatically open with this scan loaded
Access the Edge Model Viewer on a laptop or other mobile device
Step 1 - Connect to Skydio 2 WiFi
Step 2 - Open a web browser and navigate to http://192.168.10.1/viewer
Step 3 - Select a scan from the dropdown menu
If you are having trouble loading the Edge Model Viewer, turn off LTE data to ensure your device connects to the drone’s wifi.
The display offers three unique views:
- Model - (default) previews a 3D reconstruction of your structure or area
- Image - displays the individual images associated with the selected capture point
- Gallery - displays all photos taken during the scan. When using the Inspect Tool, the Gallery will show all images containing that specific point.
Android mobile view
iOS mobile view
Web Browser view
Navigating the Edge Model Viewer
Zoom in and out by pinching with two fingers. Drag to navigate around the model. While dragging you will see green, blue and red colored axes which mark the pivot point. Double-click on the model to center the view on that point.
|Pinch to zoom is not supported on Mac Pro Safari touchpad.|
Use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to navigate through individual images and capture points on the model. Any time the active thumbnail changes, the image gallery will update to that view. Select the Help menu for a breakdown of the navigation controls.
Select individual capture points to view photos. Once selected, the frustum will turn blue to denote you have already viewed that point.
Notice the Coverage Heatmap over the structure. This indicates how many photos were taken at each location.
The photo count defines the coverage mesh colors in relation to the number of photos taken. Minimum and maximum photo numbers scale with your scan’s overlap settings.
In the top right of the screen there is a toolbar with the following icons:
|Inspect tool allows you to pick any point on the model and filter for all images containing that specific point. A red sphere will appear on both the model and photo to show your current placement. Use this tool in the field to review the settings and angles you chose and see where images are spatially located in relation to the model.||
Info summarizes information about the scan, the model, and the current selected image. Data includes:
To copy any of this information to your clipboard, press the to the right.
|Help displays information about how to navigate and use the Edge Model Viewer|
|Expand enters fullscreen|
|Battery indicates the battery level of your drone|
|Home resets to the default view|
Step 1 - Navigate to the Gallery tab and choose the image you wish to download
Step 2 - Navigate to the Image tab
Step 3 - Select the icon
- Images download as .JPG files
- Downloaded images include scan information such as time, scan name, and dimensions
- You have the option to rename your photo
|Renaming downloaded images is unavailable for iOS.|
Select Model Type
- 3D Coverage - Displays a photo coverage map that matches the in-flight AR Coverage Mesh.
- 2D Coverage - Highlights the idealized plane at the bottom of the scan volume.
Zoom to Selected Capture Point
- Automatically aligns the 3D view with the active capture point.
Show All Capture Points
- Displays all capture points. When toggled off, this hides other points and displays only the active camera selected.
- Adds a yellow prism around the structure to denote the user-defined scan volume.
Explore related articles for additional information
If you have questions or need additional support—feel free to reach out! Skydio Support
© 2021 Skydio, Inc. All rights reserved A0047
Was this article helpful?