The Edge Model Viewer is a powerful post-flight tool for real-time inspection and decision-making. Browse through photosets, review scan data, and preview a model of your scan in the field to validate coverage and ensure you have the data you need before leaving a scan site. Access this feature using the Skydio Enterprise app or on a laptop or device.
Access the Edge Model Viewer in the app:
Step 1 - Select REVIEW
- the scan thumbnails sync in the Skydio Enterprise app
Step 2 - Select a scan to preview
- the Edge Model Viewer will open with the scan loaded
Access the Edge Model Viewer on a laptop or device
Step 1 - Connect to Skydio 2 WiFi
Step 2 - Open a web browser and navigate to http://192.168.10.1/viewer
Step 3 - Select a scan from the dropdown menu
The display offers three unique previews:
Navigate using two-finger zoom and drag or the arrows buttons to access individual images and capture points on the model. When the active thumbnail changes, the image gallery will update to that view.
- Model - (default) previews a 3D reconstruction of your structure or area
- Image - displays the individual images associated with a selected capture point
- Gallery - displays the collection of images taken during the scan
Coverage heatmap indicates the number of images taken at each location.
- The count defines the coverage mesh colors in relation to the number of photos taken.
- Select the settings icon to a minimum and maximum photo numbers scale
- Yellow indicates minimal coverage
- Purple indicates full coverage
Capture points are the frustum shapes surrounding the scan. Select individual capture points to view photos
- frustum will turn blue to denote you have already viewed that point
|Inspect tool allows you to pick any point on the model and filter for all images containing that specific point. A red sphere will appear on both the model and photo to show your current placement. Use this tool in the field to review the settings and angles you chose and see where images are spatially located in relation to the model.|
Info summarizes information about the scan, the model, and the selected image including:
|Copy an image|
|Help displays information about how to navigate and use the Edge Model Viewer|
|Expand enters fullscreen|
|Battery indicates the battery level of your Skydio 2|
|Home resets to the default view|
Step 1 - Navigate to the Gallery tab and choose the image you wish to download
Step 2 - navigate to the Image tab
Step 3 - select the icon
- images download as .JPG files
- includes scan information
- allows you to rename your images
Select Model Type
- 3D Coverage - Displays an image coverage map that matches the in-flight AR Coverage Mesh.
- 2D Coverage - Highlights the idealized plane at the bottom of the scan volume.
Zoom to Selected Capture Point
- Automatically aligns the 3D view with the active capture point.
Show All Capture Points
- Displays all capture points. When toggled off, this hides other points and displays only the active camera selected.
- Displays a yellow prism around the structure to denote the user-defined scan volume.
Explore related articles for additional information
3D Scan Settings
Accessing 3D Scan Data
If you have questions or need additional support—feel free to reach out! Skydio Support
© 2021 Skydio, Inc. All rights reserved A0047
Was this article helpful?