How do I get started with Skydio 2?
When will my Skydio 2 ship?
- We expect to begin shipping in November in the order in which reservations were placed.
I live outside the US or Canada. Can I buy Skydio products?
- We currently only sell and ship to the US (excluding US territories) and Canada, but plan to expand to other countries soon. Skydio 2 is not currently certified for use outside of the US and Canada.
Is the $100 deposit refundable?
- Yep. Any time before your order ships, you may contact us to arrange a refund of your deposit.
What comes with my Skydio 2? Does it come with a case too?
- One battery, two additional propellers (one of each type beyond the four required to fly), one USB (type C) cable for charging and data transfer, and one USB (type C) wall adapter for charging.
- This all comes in a convenient, custom-fit, durable hardshell carrying case for transport.
- Accessories like Beacon and Controller are sold separately (see below).
- See this article for more details.
What are the shipping options for my purchase?
- Skydio offers free UPS Ground shipping (for US orders), and free UPS Economy International shipping for orders shipping to Canada. We do offer upgraded shipping options at an additional cost.
How can I buy Skydio accessories?
- You’ll have an opportunity to add other Skydio 2 accessories at time of full payment.
How much will Skydio accessories cost?
- Controller will be sold for $149
- Beacon will be sold for $149
- Extra Skydio batteries will be sold for $99 each
- Extra Skydio propeller sets will be sold for $24 each
Are Skydio 2 or the accessories waterproof?
- No. We recommend caution when flying over water. Beacon can be easily protected with third-party water sports cases or straps, much in the same way that you would protect a non-waterproof phone.
Controller looks like the Parrot Anafi controller - what's that all about?
- We partnered with Parrot for our Skydio Controller, and yes, it is the same hardware that comes with the Anafi. However, the Controller is pre-loaded with Skydio software, and is set up to be used exclusively with Skydio 2. It won't be compatible with the Anafi, nor will an Anafi controller be compatible with Skydio 2.
To learn more about Controller, check out this section of our site.
What is Skydio 2’s top speed?
- 36 mph either in fully autonomous or manual control modes.
What is Skydio 2’s flight time?
- 23 minutes on a single battery. Check out this article for details.
What are the Skydio 2 camera specifications?
- The Skydio 2 camera is based around a Sony’s IMX577 1/2.3” 12.3MP CMOS sensor and is capable of filming in 4K60 with 13 stops of dynamic range.
Can I use an ND filter on the main camera lens of Skydio 2?
- The bezel of the main camera was designed to support ND filters. We’re working on a solution for this and will hopefully have something available in the near future.
How high can Skydio 2 fly?
How does Skydio use GPS?
What methods of payment can I use to buy stuff from the Skydio shop?
What is the warranty on my purchase?
What is your return policy?
Can I have my order shipped to a PO box?
- No, UPS does not deliver to PO box addresses.
How are taxes calculated for my purchase?
- For shipments within the US, tax rates are determined by state or county. For shipments to Canada, there is no tax charged at the point of sale, but your shipping agent may charge tax at the border.
Do I have to create an account to buy something from the Skydio shop?
- No account required, but you can opt-in to receive further emails and communication from the team at Skydio.
How do I track my order?
- After your order has shipped, we’ll send you an email (or a text) with a tracking number.
What about Skydio R1?
- Our first autonomous drone, Skydio R1, has completely sold out and is no longer shipping. Reserve our next-generation drone, Skydio 2 now!
I have other questions. How do I reach out if I need help?
- Check out our related articles for additional help. If you have any other questions or need help, just contact us.